Having a perfectly straight smile sometimes requires a bit of effort. Luckily, these days you don’t have to go through the awkward braces phase to improve tooth alignment or reduce bite issues. There are a lot of discrete options available that can offer you great results.
One popular method to discreetly straighten teeth is Six Month Smiles. Check this short blog post to find out some of the most common questions people have about this type of orthodontic treatment:
How Does Six Month Smiles Work?
Six Month Smiles uses clear brackets and wires to slowly reposition the teeth and pull them into their most optimal position. They work similarly to traditional metal braces, in fact, and apply pressure to the teeth to pull them where they need to be.
Except, the wires and brackets are clear, which creates a much more discrete treatment.
Is It Worth It?
Six Month Smiles is a very convenient and effective solution to deal with a lot of different types of tooth misalignment issues. Results can appear in as little as 6 months, and your progress is closely supervised by Dr. Leidy Riano Galeano to ensure your teeth follow the correct realignment path.
Can Six Month Smiles Fix an Overbite?
Six Month Smiles can correct a wide variety of bite and alignment issues, including overbites. However, to know for sure if this is the right treatment for you, you’ll need to see Dr. Galeano for an orthodontic consultation.
Some overbites are caused by dental alignment problems, in which case Six Month Smiles could be used to correct it. But overbites can also be caused by issues with the jawbone, so surgery may be necessary to correct it.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Six Month Smiles?
- Fast results - The average treatment length, as the name suggests, is 6 months. While it can vary from patient to patient, Six Month Smiles is a great way to get fast results.
- Discreet - In many cases, the braces can go completely unnoticed. The brackets are made from clear plastic, while the wires are tooth-colored.
- Affordability - Because of its faster results, Six Month Smiles is more affordable than other orthodontic treatments, which can take a lot longer than 6 months.
- It’s not for everyone - Some alignment or bite issues simply may need more time to correct.
- Maintenance can be cumbersome - Because they are similar to traditional braces, people with Six Month Smiles need a bit of extra effort to clean their teeth after every meal since food can get stuck between the brackets and wires
Get a Perfectly Straight Smile at Mint32 Dental
Dr. Leidy Riano Galeano is here to help you access the most optimal path toward a healthy and straight smile!
Book an orthodontic appointment at Mint32 Dental online or give us a call at (407) 519-0634 for more information.